Called To Belong
One of the deepest desires of each of us is to have fellowship with others. This is especially true for Christians who seek to walk in newness of life. Such fellowship can be found through membership in the local church. Church membership means mutual benefits and responsibilities for both the church and the member.
MY Responsibility To The Church
- Faithfully attend services.
- Be aware of the total church program at home and abroad and support it by prayer.
- Live a consistent Christ-like life.
- Serve in the church and its outreach according to my giftings.
- Share my gospel story by word and life on a person-to-person basis.
- Support the church financially with tithes and offerings.
THE CHURCH's Responsibility To Me
- Minister to my spiritual needs, especially through the preaching of God's Word.
- Assist me with godly counsel.
- Provide me with opportunities for Christian fellowship.
- Serve me and members of my family in matters of religious instruction.
- Sustain me by the prayers and concern of pastors and fellow believers especially during distressing and trying times.
- Be a sound steward of my financial and personal investments in the Kingdom of God.
After you apply, you will be contacted for an informal visit with some members of the Elder Leadership Team. Please read our Statement of Faith and watch the C&MA Core Values* prior to your Elder interview. Please download the Alliance Core Values Document to supplement the videos.
(The C&MA Core Values are also available on RightNow Media)