What is the big deal about church membership?
In the Bible, being a part of the local church body was a big deal. The New Testament book of Acts describes the beginning of the church through the apostles. There are several examples of Peter, Paul, Stephen and others gathering “those who believed” in a local assembly to worship, receive instruction, and live in community with one another (Acts 2:41, 2:47). Throughout Paul’s letters to the churches, there is much reference and instruction to the local body of believers about leadership, accountability, conduct, offerings, etc. We are instructed to “assemble” together (Hebrews 10:24-25), to use our gifts to build the church (Ephesians 4:15-16), that pastors are to exercise leadership (Hebrews 13:17), and that churches are to exercise discipline within the body (I Corinthians 5:1-2, Matthew 18:15-20).
Why Should I Join...Officially?
As a church, we want to be aligned and pursuing our vision/mission together. By choosing to join and be an active member, it communicates that you are "all in." We are interdependent on each other in fellowship with Jesus. Joining affirms our commitment and respsonsibility to one another.
MY Responsibility To the Church
- Faithfully attend services.
- Be aware of the total church program at home and abroad and support it by prayer.
- Live a consistent Christ-like life.
- Serve in the church and its outreach according to my giftings.
- Share my gospel story by word and life on a person-to-person basis.
- Support the church financially with tithes and offerings.
THE CHURCH's Responsibility To Me
- Minister to my spiritual needs, especially through the preaching of God's Word.
- Assist me with godly counsel.
- Provide me with opportunities for Christian fellowship.
- Serve me and members of my family in matters of religious instruction.
- Sustain me by the prayers and concern of pastors and fellow believers especially during distressing and trying times.
- Be a sound steward of my financial and personal investments in the Kingdom of God.
Apply for Membership
After you apply, you will be contacted for an informal visit with some members of the Elder Leadership Team. Please read our Statement of Faith and watch the C&MA Core Values* prior to your Elder interview. Please download the Alliance Core Values Document to supplement the videos.
(The C&MA Core Values are also available on RightNow Media)